Ultramodern5 is the follow-up of the popular Ultramodern4
The mission of U5 is to present 5th EDITION rules for use in
non-fantasy settings. These include pre-modern settings, contemporary
settings, and those that are far flung fantastic and futuristic. U5
presents modern and science fiction rules in a game usually reserved for
fantasy. There is no established setting in U5.
It presents classes, gear, and scenarios that can be inserted into any campaign, including the following:
- Modern Warfare
- Space Opera
- Techno Fantasy
- Urban Fantasy
- Wild West (with or without aliens)
You may explore the rules in whatever context you wish. Rules are
generalized, encouraging homebrew settings and the rebranding of
Create a pure science fiction setting, or insert these rules into your own fantasy world to offer a unique spin.
THIS SOURCEBOOK INCLUDES:
- A revised “ladder” system, offering more adjustability with character creation. Modify your class with one of seven ladders.
- Revamped rules around being human.
- A new lifepath system incorporating backgrounds (with eleven new
ones) into an adjustable life history where characters can select every
aspect of their character’s history, from family and friends to past
- Ten new classes including the infiltrator, medic, sniper, and techie.
- Twenty-four archetypes
- All new weapons including traditional firearms, rocket launchers, and laser rifles
- New armor including powered combat suits.
- Purchase and modify vehicles
- Over forty new monsters including giant robots.
- Two included adventures — a zombie apocalypse and an alien invasion.