Welcome to the Ruins
SOMEWHERE IN THESE PRIMITIVE FORESTS WERE THE RUINS OF AN
ANCIENT, ACCURSED CITY, MEN WHISPERED, AND AMONG ITS TOMBS SLUNK GRAY,
The Hyborian world in the time of Conan teems with remote and
forgotten places, brimming with danger and secrets. Ancient Ruins &
Cursed Cities is the ultimate Gamemaster reference for bringing these
crumbling ruins and remote locales to life in Robert E. Howard’s Conan:
Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of.
- Descriptions of famous ruins from Conan’s adventures, including
Kuthchemes, Alkmeenon, and the ruined city along the Black Coast where
Bêlit met her fate.
- New places inspired by the writings of Robert E. Howard —
including the Nameless City, the mountain resort-city of Kamula,
Lemurian and Atlantean ruins, and other settings from before the
Cataclysm — as well as locales from the Cthulhu Mythos stories of H.P.
Lovecraft such as R’lyeh, the City of the Old Ones, and others.
- Doom and Momentum spends specific to these locations, and story seeds to inspire gamemasters in crafting new CONAN adventures.
- A ruins generation system allowing Gamemasters to create their own ancient ruins and cursed cities.
- Write-ups of diabolical and powerful entities such as ka-ghouls;
the servants of Bit-Yakin; nightmare mounts; Thugra Khotan; and Gyatha,
Master of the Black City.
- Rules for exploring and moving through ruins, dodging traps, and environmental effects to avoid.
- Treasures of renown such as the Teeth of Gwahlur, the Dagger of
Derketa, the Staff of Epemitreus, and others, as well as a treasure
hoard generation system and new item qualities.
- Developed with leading Conan scholars, this book explores the
lost and fallen locales of the Hyborian Age, providing Gamemasters with
the tools to create their own memorable environments